St. Francis Borgia is on the northwest side of Chicago. It was formed in the summer of 1949 with the purchase of land at the corner of Addison and Forest Preserve Drive. Veterans of World War II were moving from the congested central areas of Chicago to the edges of the city to raise their families and build their futures. The Archdiocese responded to the growing area by adding the parishes of St. Monica, St. Eugene, and St. Francis Borgia.
The parish encompasses the area west to St. Priscilla Parish and to the north to St. Celestine Parish.